In order to achieve any goals in life, either personal, family or business, it requires continuous effort and consistency. Procrasting or starting and giving up when things don't go your way will not have you where you want to be in the end.
The basis of success and achieving goals is in the daily consistent actions and habits you develop to move you towards these goals! Same goes for raising children! Raising children....hardest job you'll ever have and the most important one! Life can be a lot less predictable when you have children but that is just part of your journey. Enjoy the bends in the road of life. Nothing worthwhile has ever shown up on our doorstep without some sacrifices and detours.
What do you want your life to look like? Family, single, happy, healthy happy well-rounded and well-educated children, a better job, better body or health? Everything in life takes the same planning and good habits to get there. Start by setting your goals and game plan. Success in life in not an accident or thrown into your lap. You have to earn it! Don't forget to keep your sense of humor too!
In life, to build character and to become who you want to be and achieve what you want takes practice consistency, reliability, and good habits daily. The sense of accomplishment will in time replace the drudgery it may feel like while following your wish list. By taking the time and initiative of working on these goals that you have set daily, you will make progress. When you just don’t want to do the effort, you must in order to succeed! Just do it anyway! The hardest parts are planning actually starting, and to keep that daily consistency up!
Achieving success, and reaching your ultimate goals requires practice, practice, practice and even more practice – and the more you practice, the easier it will become to reach the life you want. This is where the consistent quality habits come into play.
Here are a few basics to guide you:
- Set a targets in life. Those are your goals.
- Write down a game plan to reach your goal.
- What steps will it take?
- Set intermediary goals too so you can help gauge your progress on the way to the target. This is especially good when saving for a house.
- Set quantifiable goals – Being able to track quantifiable progress works wonders for consistency. It’s encouraging to see that you’re making progress in reaching your intermediary goals. Seeing just how far you've come from your starting point will encourage you. Don’t forget to include in between milestones, since those add fuel to the sense of accomplishment along the way.
- You need to know how to set up some milestones in order to measure and track progress. Sit down with the goals you've planned, lay it out in writing, and see where you are. Analyze the progress. Adjust habits and interim goals as needed. Be honest with yourself in this analysis.
- Follow a good example – Trying to get in better shape? Keep an eye on a friend who works out daily, discuss what they've found that helps them achieve and also observe how he or she manages to do it. Want to help your children achieve? Get ideas from good parents you know without being too specific in asking so as not to embarrass your children. Chances are they’ll feel flattered that you noticed their dedication to their children and that you consider them good parents. Be a good example for your children by following these good habits so they will also pick them up from you. Children learn what they live.
- Can't over emphasize enough just how important it is to pay attention, observe and interact with your children. Get to know what they are really thinking. Listen and talk to them about what they see for themselves in life. You learn a lot by listening and observing!
- Visualize reaching your objectives – Get detailed with envisioning that end goal in your mind’s eye. Conjure that image every time you feel like taking a break from your efforts even for a day. The more you understand specifically what you’re working towards, the less likely you are to sacrifice what you want most in the future for what you want at the moment.